Staying at Four Points Newark Christiana Wilmington makes planning your trip easy due to our convenient location to all the things to do in Newark, DE. Whether you're in town for work or enjoying a leisurely trip, you'll be near multiple highways, such as Route 1 and Interstates 95, 295, and 495, major corporate offices, and local attractions. Plus, because we're just a 15-minute ride from the University of Delaware, we make it easy to cheer on the Fightin' Blue Hens.
Check out all the list of things to do in Newark, DE to help you make the most out of your stay:
Culture / Entertainment
- University of Delaware, 6.5 mi. - Take a campus tour or cheer on the Fightin' Blue Hens.
- Delaware Children's Museum, 10 mi. - Need to keep the kids busy and entertained for an afternoon? The DCM is the perfect spot - here, children learn through interactive experiences while having fun.
- Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library, 14 mi. - Sometimes it's more fun to experience history than to read about it. Winterthur Museum, founded by Henry Francis du Pont, exhibits a collection of American antiques that reflects both early America and the du Pont family’s life. Enjoy tours of the house, library, and garden.
- Glasgow Park, 8.3 mi. - Glasglow Park is equipped with everything you'll need to keep a family busy: it's a county park with woodland trails, tennis and basketball courts, a skate park, plus a farmer's market.
- White Clay Creek State Park, 8.6 mi. - Stop by this beautiful state park that's found near the Mason-Dixon Line for a peaceful and nature-filled activity.
- Daniel S. Frawley Stadium, 10 mi. - Baseball fans unite. Come out to the home of the Wilmington Blue Rocks for a fun activity the whole family can enjoy.
- Dover Downs International Speedway, 40 mi. - Get your fix for speed by coming out to the state-of-the-art Dover Downs International Speedway, where two NASCAR races were held.
- Christiana Mall, 2.3 mi. - take advantage of zero sales tax at the most popular shopping space in Delaware, Christiana Mall. The mall is anchored by department stores such as Nordstrom, Macy's, JCPenny, and Target, plus 150 other shops.